| Orion getting his liquid sugar fix |
But anyway, on to why I was wrong (because that's way more interesting than my pontificating), so BREAK BREAK, I just looked outside and Kai was peeing in a wide arch on the neighbors lawn. Sigh, we were doing so good, thankfully everyone has left for the holidays...anywho..."Lonnie" and I had tickets on Saturday to see A Christmas Carol at the local Shakespeare Theater. We had been told, and confirmed online, that the Alabama Shakespeare Theater is number 6 in the world. Yes, you read that correctly. My expectations were, therefore, high and I wasn't disappointed. The theater was beautiful, the audience quiet and mostly well-dressed (some in jeans, but you see that in NYC too), and the performance was spectacular. It was a new take on the story, with the main elements intact. The production was specifically written for Alabama and I have to say that so far it is my favorite version of Dickens' story that I've seen. Score Alabama-1, Kelly-1. The next day, "Lonnie" and I took Ayla to see the local ballet company perform the Nutcracker. I had much lower expectations for this show mostly because the skill in the local company is not world class. Again, I was overwhelmed by how much I enjoyed the production. Ayla was awake for most of it, and other than a lady behind us who wouldn't shut the hell up, the audience was again well-dressed and not a kernel of popcorn in sight! The company really did great and the sets were excellent. Score Alabama-2, Kelly-1.
Now that classes are over for the holiday break, all I can think is...why don't I have 100 pages to read tonight and what can I possibly do with all my free time? The answer is: read 100 pages a night for my dissertation and play catchup with that. Or maybe do some recreational reading? Or, at this point, I just want to take a nap!
No comments:
Post a Comment